Ireland at a Glance: Explore stunning scenery and fascinating cities
Ireland at a Glance
The best of Ireland awaits you. Heritage, stunning scenery, cities bursting with culture and the welcoming charm of this magnificent nation all lie in store. From beginning to end, you’ll be spoiled for choice as you travel from one famous region to the next on this 8 days (7 nights) tour. This tour is perfect if you want to take things at your own pace, see all of Ireland's most loved attractions and maybe even find a piece of hidden Ireland for yourself.
Welcome to Dublin
Arrive in Dublin and overnight in Ireland’s cosmopolitan capital city. Dublin has a wealth of treasures for the visitor with cultural delights like St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Dublin Castle, Trinity College to name but a few! For those who prefer a more relaxed look at the capital, a leisurely browse through the main shopping area of Grafton Street is an absolute must.More
Dublin to Mayo
Depart Dublin and travel west across the rolling plains of central Ireland. Enroute you will pass through the town of Kilbeggan where you may like to pause to visit the Kilbeggan Distillery. Later at Athlone, you may like to visit the nearby 6th Century monastic settlement at Clonmacnoise, one of Ireland’s most important sites. Continue to Mayo for overnight.More
Mayo to Connemara
Leave Castlebar and travel to one of the most outstanding areas of natural beauty in Ireland. Connemara is a region to be explored for a true taste of Gaelic Culture. Travel through Louisburg and Delphi to Leenane, one of the most important fishing ports in the west. Travel through the majestic Maam Valley to Maam Cross. Then later through Recess and Lough Inagh Valley to Kylemore Abbey. A visit to Connemara National Park at Letterfrack is very worthwhile. Overnight in Co. Galway.More
A chance to further enhance our acquaintance with Connemara today. The area of south Connemara is yours to discover. From Clifden, travel south via Ballyconneely with its wonderful golf course, through Roundstone and onto Ballynahinch, famous for its salmon fishing. Later you may wish to make the short ferry journey across to the Aran Islands from Rossaveal (30 mins.). You can fly there if you wish for approximately €55.00 return or €25.00 return by ferry, payable locally. Overnight in Co. Galway.More
Connemara to Killarney
Travel south to Kerry via the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren in order to take the killimer/Tarbert Ferry which crosses the River Shannon, Ireland’s longest river. Drive through Listowel, famous for its annual horse racing event and continue in a southerly direction until you reach Tralee. Possible visit to “Kerry the Kingdom” exhibition before continuing to Killarney. Overnight in Co. Kerry.More
Today you may explore the 170 kilometres of scenic splendour which makes up the famed Ring of Kerry. Stop at all the well known beauty spots such as Lady’s View, Moll’s Gap and Torc Waterfall. Alternatively you may spend your day enjoying the sights of Muckross House and Gardens set in the Killarney National Park or trek out to the Gap of Dunloe on horseback. Overnight in Co. Kerry.More
Extra dayDrag this day to whichever position you want and fill in how you want to experience this extra day.
Rental car (category B, unlimited mileage, location service charge, VAT, CDW insurance, TP insurance, Super Cover insurance)
Lunches & dinners
Tourist attraction entrance fees
- Dublin City -Ireland’s capital city has a plethora of attractions, museums, pubs and an epic history
- Guinness Store House
- 6th Century monastic settlement
- Kylemore Abbey - Located in the heart of Connemara with it has tales of romance, history and intrigue
- The Burren - This karst like landscape is a unique eco-system on Ireland’s west coast
- Cliff of Moher - Stand on the precipices of Europe and inhale the salty goodness of the wild Atlantic winds
- Ring of Kerry - One of Ireland’s most popular scenic routes with fields of a thousand greens and dazzling coastal views
- Kilkenny Castle - Ireland’s medieval capital is complete with winding narrow streets and a long history
OVERNIGHTS FOR THIS TOUR
- Dublin for 1 night
- Co. Mayo 1 night
- Co. Galway for 2 nights
- Co. Kerry for 2 nights
- Kildare/Offaly for 1 night
- Full payment is required and the time of confirming the booking and signing the contract.
- Cancellations must be advised in writing by fax or e-mail prior to departure during normal business hours (9.00am to 5.30pm GMT, Mondays through Fridays).
- Full refund for all cancellation done 60 days before travel date.
- Bookings cancelled between 59 - 14 days before travel date - 50% of payment will be refund
- Booking cancelled less the 14 days before travel date - no refund will be offered
* Minor program changes are sometimes necessary, depending on hotels availability.